Friday, April 3, 2020

Coronaeducation Ep. 3: A Country Boy Can't Survive

[Swainson's Hawk using its racial memory, tractor as bison. Cape May, NJ, November 2009. A Swainson's Hawk can survive. Click to enlarge.]
 
 
". . .I live back in the woods, you see
My woman and the kids, and the dogs, and me
I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive. . .
"I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk 'til dawn . . ."

I can make a ventilator from a tractor and some twine...

Uh oh, Hank.
 
Lookit, people. I love this song. I grew up on a farm, killed a zillion deer, shot those SD pheasants, caught those WY trout, tailed those TX 'gators. . . and been in 49 states and despite what some moronic ultraliberals say about people in the "flyover states," the people of this nation are not stupid.
 
So, where exactly did we go wrong? How about it, Missouri? Alabama, we know you're not California, ok?
 
I'm thinking when we finish the overhaul of pandemic response, we've gotta overhaul the education system. Trouble is to do the first, we might have needed to finish the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment